Babar Azam played an unbeaten innings of 110 runs in just 66 balls and shared a 203-run partnership with Mohammad Rizwan to give Pakistan a memorable victory.
Image Credit source: PTI-AP
captain of pakistan Babar Azam After all, he has given his fans a chance to be happy. After the flop show in the Asia Cup, the star batsman, who was criticized for lack of runs and slow batting, silenced both the critics in a single innings. In the second T20 match against England, Babar Azam scored a tremendous century in 62 balls, ending the drought that has been going on for the last one month. Not only this, Mohammed Rizwan Together with Babar, in the second T20, Babar led Pakistan to a memorable victory by 10 wickets.
It rained runs in the second T20 match on Thursday 22 September in Karachi. Batting first, England made a big score of 199 runs. In response, Pakistan won by 10 wickets in a spectacular manner without losing any wicket on the basis of the opening pair of captain Babar and Rizwan.
Babar’s century, Pakistan’s victory – big things
- Babar Azam scored the second century of his T20 career. Babar completed this century in just 62 balls. He returned unbeaten on 110 off 66 balls, which included 11 fours and 5 sixes.
- With this Babar has become the first Pakistani batsman to score two centuries in T20 Internationals. Babar scored his first century against South Africa.
- Not only this, Babur also ended the drought that had been going on for the last one month. Babar, who did not touch the 50 mark even once in seven consecutive innings, ended this wait with a scintillating century.
- Babar Azam also scored the 10th century of his career as a captain. He became the Pakistani batsman to score the most centuries as a captain.
- Apart from Babar, Mohammad Rizwan also played a stellar innings and scored the 19th half-century of his career. Rizwan remained unbeaten on 88 off 51 balls.
- Babar and Rizwan together scored 203 runs without losing a wicket and won the match by 10 wickets. Both made a new record for the highest partnership in run chase. Earlier this record was 197 runs.
- This was the fifth partnership of more than 150 runs between Rizwan and Babar. There is no one even around this pair. Indian legends Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan have made such partnership twice.
- With this, Pakistan has become the first team in the history of T20 cricket to achieve the target of 200 or more runs without losing a wicket.
- Pakistan won a match for the second time in T20 cricket by 10 wickets. Earlier last year, he defeated India in the World Cup and in that match too Babar and Rizwan were the only openers.