The month of October has special significance in India because many festivals come together in it. This time Diwali is also in this month along with Dussehra. Along with this, Lakshmi Puja and Karva Chauth are also in this month.
Next week is Dussehra and banks will remain closed in many states of the country on this special occasion. This ban will be for more than one day. by the way Dussehra October 5 is a national holiday on the occasion of On this day the banks of the whole country will be closed simultaneously. But in some states, apart from October 5, banks will remain closed for an additional day or two. Before the 5th, there will be holidays in some states on October 3 and October 4, on which banks will be closed. This will be because banks will remain closed on Maha Ashtami, Mahanavami and Vijayadashami (Dussehra) in some states. three days Bank holiday Means work stopped. If you want to avoid this, then do your important work in the remaining two days.
In order not to spoil the work at the last moment, the customer should keep his net banking and internet banking up-to-date so that no work stops during the three-day bank holiday. Let us see where the banks will remain closed on 3rd, 4th and 5th October.
- October 3 (Monday): Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) – Banks are closed in Tripura, Orissa, Sikkim. Holiday in Manipur, Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Meghalaya and Kerala also.
- October 4 (Tuesday) – Durga Puja / Dussehra (Mahanavami) / Arms Puja / Birthday Shrimanta Sankardeva – Banks are closed in Agartala, Karnataka, Orissa, Sikkim, Kerala. Holiday in Maharashtra, Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Meghalaya.
- October 5 (Wednesday) – Durga Puja / Dussehra (Vijay Dashami) / Birthday of Shrimant Sankardeva – Banks are closed in all states except Manipur. In Tripura, Orissa, Sikkim, Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, banks are closed continuously from Sunday to Wednesday (October 2-5).
- 6 October (Thursday) – Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim on Durga Puja (Ten)
- October 7 (Friday) – Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim on Durga Puja (Ten).
The month of October has special significance in India because many festivals come together in it. This time Diwali is also in this month along with Dussehra. Along with this, Lakshmi Puja and Karva Chauth are also in this month. Government and private banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays of every month. Banks have 21 days holiday in October 2022. Accordingly, after seeing the list of these holidays, customers should plan the work of the bank.