Indian women’s team defeated New Zealand in triples in lawn ball. Apart from this, India also got good news in the long jump.
Image Credit source: PTI
New Delhi. The Indian Women’s Lawn Ball team has already created history by reaching the final of the Commonwealth Games 2022 and today on the 5th day it is trying to win gold. Apart from this, medals are yet to come in weightlifting and badminton mixed team. However, Poonam Yadav missed out on the medal in Women’s 76kg. Indian players are eager to show their strength in gymnastics, boxing, hockey, squash, table tennis as well. In table tennis, India’s men’s team will face Singapore’s challenge.
- Harjinder Kaur won the bronze medal in the 71 kg weight category by lifting 212 kg. He lifted 93 kg in snatch and 119 kg in clean and jerk.
- In the long jump, Sreeshankar has reached the next round. He covered a distance of 8.05 meters in his first attempt.
- On the other hand, India’s star swimmer Srihari Natarajan took second in the 200m backstroke. He has missed reaching the finals. Although his name is in the reserve list.
- India’s scintillating performance in lawn ball continues. The Indian women’s team defeated New Zealand 15-11 after 18 stages in Round-1 in the triples. Tanya Chaudhary, Pinky and Roopa Rani Tirkey were in this team.
- Poonam Yadav had challenged in 76kg, but she missed out on the medal. In the snatch, she was able to lift the weight in the last two attempts, but in the clean and jerk she failed in all three attempts.