One after the other shooting incidents in America have shaken. A crazy miscreant suddenly started firing in a store in Yakima city, in which three people have died. Before being caught by the police, the miscreant also shot himself. one day […]
Shooting incidents are increasing continuously in America
One after the other shooting incidents in America have shaken. A crazy miscreant suddenly started firing in a store in Yakima city, in which three people have died. Before being caught by the police, the miscreant also shot himself. The day before, there were shooting incidents at a truck company and a farm in the city of Half Moon Bay near San Francisco, in which seven people lost their lives.
Even before these incidents, there have been incidents of firing in many cities of America. Policing in America is one of the best systems in the world, yet such incidents are not being curbed. In such a situation, the question is bound to arise that why is life so cheap in America, why does a miscreant take so many lives so easily?
today’s big news
1.5 million deaths in 5 decades
You may be surprised to know that within 5 decades, 1.5 million people have lost their lives in shooting incidents in America. BBC had given this information in its report citing the data between 1968 and 2017. This death toll is bigger than the population of many countries. If seen in this way, there was a war of independence in America in 1775 and this figure is more than the number of soldiers who were martyred in all the wars that took place since then.
These figures are horrifying
- According to data from the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (US-CDC), in 2020, more than 45 thousand people have died from guns in America. These include 54 per cent suicides (24,300).
- 79 percent of the murders in America are done with guns. This figure of the year 2020 is the most frightening figure after 1986. In the year 1993, 18,253 people died in firing incidents.
- According to the Pew Research Center, a total of 14,400 cases of murder were reported during the year 2019. In 2020, there was a 34 percent increase in such cases.
- In the last 5 years in America, 49 percent of the criminal incidents related to weapons have increased, while within 10 years, 75 percent of such incidents have increased.
- According to a study conducted in 2016, people having guns have a big role in suicide incidents in America.
gun culture in america
Gun culture is common in America. Keeping arms is included in the constitutional rights of the common man. The incidents of firing keep coming to the fore. It is common for people to have a gun at home, close by, and equally common is the business of arms. In the above figures, you saw how gun culture is proving fatal for America. Till now the governments have not been able to control the incidents of firing.
Went to the shop and in 1 hour gun in hand!
Buying a gun in America is as easy as buying anything at a grocery store! According to a New York Times report, if an American wants to buy a gun, he does not have to follow many rules. Within just an hour he can buy a gun.
There is no test to buy a gun like in other countries. The person who went to buy the gun is first background checked. Criminal conviction, domestic violence, immigration status, etc. are checked during background checking. This process is instant.
Formality in the name of the question
While taking a gun, a form has to be filled, in which name, address etc. is given. Apart from this, there are some questions, whose answers have to be filled. The questions are very general. As-
- Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?
- Have you ever been convicted of domestic violence?
- Are you addicted to Marijuana/Drug or any other drip?
- Have you ever been to a mental institution?
According to a report, 121 out of every 1000 people in America have a gun. Think that where the US Army has about 45 lakh guns and the local police have about 10 lakh guns and rifles, then the common citizens have 100 times more guns than the US Army and about 400 times more guns than the police. In such a situation, experts call it a major reason for the incidents of firing.