New Zealand vs India, 1st ODI: Indian team’s amazing batting in Auckland ODI. Captain Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill scored half-centuries, Shreyas Iyer also showed amazing.
Image Credit source: GETTY IMAGES
In the first ODI against New Zealand in Auckland, the best performance of Indian batsmen was seen. The Indian team scored 306 runs in the stipulated 50 overs. Three batsmen had an important contribution in this excellent score of Team India. Captain Shikhar Dhawan scored a half-century. Shubman Gill also hit a brilliant half-century. An amazing inning of 80 runs came out of the bat of Shreyas Iyer as well.
Let us tell you that New Zealand captain Kane Williamson won the toss and chose to bowl first and his bowlers started well. But Dhawan-Gil rained runs after being set. Despite the absence of Suryakumar Yadav, Pant, the Indian team reached a good score. Let us tell you the big things of the Indian innings.
Highlights of the Indian innings
- India scored only 40 runs in the first powerplay. His 50 runs were completed in 12.2 overs.
- Shikhar Dhawan completed his half-century in 63 balls and he also completed his 12,000 runs in List A cricket.
- India’s 100 runs were completed in 125 balls. Shubman Gill played an inning of 50 runs in 64 balls.
- Gill and Dhawan made the only century partnership for India. Both added 124 runs in 139 balls.
- The bat of Rishabh Pant and Suryakumar did not work. Surya scored 4 and Pant scored only 15 runs.
- Shreyas Iyer and Sanju Samson made an excellent partnership. Both added 94 runs in 77 balls. Samson got out after scoring 36 runs.
- Shreyas Iyer completed his half-century in 56 balls, his bat yielded 80 runs in 76 balls.
- Shreyas Iyer and Washington Sundar shared a 46-run partnership in 22 balls. Washington Sundar played an inning of 37 runs in 16 balls.
today’s big news