Gujarat Titans has won the IPL-2022 title under Ashish Nehra’s head coach. (IPL Photo)
The Indian Premier League was started in 2008 but no Indian could have done the work done by Ashish Nehra in IPL-2022.
Indian Premier League. Its name suggests that this is the league of India in which Indians have more flair. Foreign players remain in the playing-11 of every team, but their number cannot be more than four. This is the rule of IPL. Even after having so much Indianness, there was a work that no Indian had done in this league before IPL-2022. However, this work was done on Sunday 29 May at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. The wait of 14 years is over. As Gujarat Titans defeated Rajasthan Royals in the title match, similarly such a record was made which should have been made earlier but could not be done. This work was done by the head coach of Gujarat Ashish Nehra (Ashish Nehra) by.
Gujarat was playing IPL for the first time this season. This team did wonders in its very first IPL and won the title by surprising everyone. Initially, no one considered Gujarat as a contender for the title, but this team led by Hardik Pandya went ahead of everyone’s thinking and won the title in the very first season. The role of the team’s support staff was also important in this and an achievement was recorded in the name of Ashish Nehra.
First Indian head coach to win IPL
As soon as the winner of IPL 2022 was written in front of Gujarat’s name, a special achievement was registered in Nehra’s name. He is the first head coach of Indian origin to win the IPL trophy. Before him, no Indian coach could win the IPL trophy for his team. From the first season to the 14th season i.e. from 2008 to 2021, all the teams that won the IPL had their head coaches overseas.
IPL winning coaches list
- 2008 Rajasthan Royals, Shane Warne, Australia
- 2009 Deccan Chargers, Darren Lahman, Australia
- 2010, Chennai Super Kings, Stephen Fleming, New Zealand
- 2011, Chennai Super Kings, Stephen Fleming, New Zealand
- 2012 Kolkata Knight Riders, Trevor Bayliss, Australia
- 2013, Mumbai Indians, John Wright, New Zealand
- 2014, Kolkata Knight Riders, Trevor Bayliss, Australia
- 2015, Mumbai Indians, Ricky Ponting, Australia
- 2016, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Tom Moody, Australia
- 2017, Mumbai Indians, Mahela Jayawardene, Sri Lanka
- 2018, Chennai Super Kings, Stephen Fleming, New Zealand
- 2019, Mumbai Indians, Mahela Jayawardene, Sri Lanka
- 2020, Mumbai Indians, Mahela Jayawardene, Sri Lanka
- 2021, Chennai Super Kings, Stephen Fleming, New Zealand
- 2022, Gujarat Titans, Ashish Nehra, India
Fleming at the fore
On the other hand, when it comes to winning the IPL the most times as a coach, then New Zealand’s Fleming is at the forefront. The former New Zealand captain has won the IPL four times for Chennai. In the first season, he also played for this team. After him is the name of Jayawardene of Sri Lanka who has won the IPL thrice. Bayliss has won IPL twice. He had given these titles to Kolkata.