The Karnataka Ration Card functions as an official document that enables its holders to purchase food grains and gasoline from the state government at a discounted price. In addition, the ration card is often used as a form of identification when registering for other government documents. Ration cards are distributed to residents of Karnataka by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies in that state. In this essay, we shall discuss the Karnataka Ration Card and its significance. We will also discuss how to apply and the required documentation.
Karnataka Ration Card 2022
In response to the National Food Security Act, the government of Karnataka gives ration cards to family members who are eligible to buy food grains through the Public Distribution System at a discount. The Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs give out this kind of ID. In Karnataka, this system has been put in place to identify vulnerable groups and make sure they have enough food. To apply for a ration card onlineyou will need to go to the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department of the Karnataka Government’s main website.
ahara.kar.nic.in Ration Card Overview
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Ration Card|
|Launch by||Karnataka State Government|
|Objectives||Discounted food grain|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of State|
Karnataka Ration Card Types
We will briefly cover the various types of ration cards in the state of Karnataka.
Priority Families’ Ration Cards
- Priority Households Ration Cards
Rural residents are given preferential ration cards. There are two subcategories within the PHH category of ration cards. This ration card entitles the monthly recipient to food and other requirements. All cardholders get Rs 3 per kg of rice, Rs 2 per kg of wheat, and Rs 1 per kg of oil.
- Annapurna Expedition Ration Cards
Poor state residents above the age of 65 are awarded age ration cards.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards
Yearly income must be less than Rs 15,000 in the state. Then they get rice at 3 Rs per kg and wheat at 2 Rs per kg.
- Non-Priority Families’ Ration Cards
This category of ration cardholders purchases items from ration retailers at the lowest feasible price, in contrast to the classes described above.
Karnataka Ration Card Objectives
Karnataka’s state government issues ration cards with an aim to households eligible to receive discounted food grain via the Distribution System. Ration card also serves as a purpose of identification for various official departments.
Karnataka Ration Card Benefits
Some of the most important reasons to have a ration card are:
- Several essential food items, like cereals, oil, and other ingredients, can be bought for very low prices, making it easier for people to manage their money.
- It can be used as proof of identity when applying for scholarships and programs funded by the government, income certificates, passports, and other government-issued documents.
- The Karnataka Ration Card List can help poor people and people living below the poverty line in Karnataka.
- There are many types of ration cards that give benefit different levels of citizens of Karnataka ranging from very poor to middle-class families. Government can easily help the needy.
Karnataka Ration Card Eligibility
You must satisfy the following requirements to apply for a ration card:
- First, applicants must be legal Karnataka residents.
- Applicants’ ages must be above 18
- Prior ration card ownership is required.
- Lost or stolen ration cards may be replaced.
- Recently married people may get ration cards.
The applicants must provide the following documents:
- Identification documents such as an aadhar card or voter id
- Age-verification document
- Earnings proof
- If the applicant is a tenant, a ward councilor or Pradhan attestation is required.
- Agreement of tenancy if the applicant is a tenant.
Karnataka Ration Card Application Process
To apply for a ration card, you need to do the following:
- Visit the Ahara website and click on the “e-services” tab on the home page.
- Under “e-Ration Card” in the menu, click on “New Ration Card.”
- Choose the language you want to use.
- Out of three options for a new ration card request, choose “New Ration Card Request” on the next page to apply for a new ration card.
- Now you have to choose the kind of ration card you want to get, like phh or nphh. Then proceed further.
- Then type in your Aadhaar number to prove who you are.
- You will get an OTP on the phone number you gave when you signed up. Enter the OTP where it says to do so.
- After you have been verified, your Aadhaar information will be shown on the screen.
- Now, click “Add” to get a number for your application.
- When asked, put in your contact information.
- The last step is to click “Save” to send your application.
View Karnataka Ration Card List
To check the Karnataka ration card list, please follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website “ahara.kar.nic.in”. A home page will be displayed in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on the ‘e-services’ page.
- Now, click “e-Ration” followed by “Villages List.”
- Select your district, taluk, gram panchayat, and community.
- Click “Proceed.”
- You may now examine the list of ration cards for the specified areas.
Check Application Status
After submitting your ration card application, you will be able to monitor its progression using the online system.
- Visit the official website for Ahara Karnataka, maintained by the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs (ahara.kar.nic.in).
- On the homepage Navigate to the tab labeled “E-services.”
- After that, choose the ‘e-status’ menu item with your mouse.
- Please make your selection from the drop-down option under “New/Existing RC Request Status.”
- When you reach this new page, choose the appropriate municipality from the drop-down menu to continue.
- A new tab or window will appear with information pertaining to the specified district.
- It is required that you pick the verification type.
- For verification that does not need an OTP, you will need to put in the RC number and then click on the “Go” button. As a result, the current status will be shown on the screen.