Labor Card Online Registration, Eligibility, Benefits | How to Apply Online for Labor CardStatus Check, State wise Links, How to Download Labor Card , As India’s population grows, so do its needs, as well as the number of employees. Some employees from both organized and unorganized sectors are contractual, while others are permanent. There are workers engaged in many sectors of society and industry. The Ministry of Labor and Employment is the governing body responsible for Labor issues. For which department varies across states, and for the benefit of the welfare of the workforce, they give distinctive cards to such employees. In this post, we will discover what a Labor Card is, what its benefits are, what qualifying papers are required, and how to apply for one.
What is Labor Card
The Indian government has established a ministry known as “The Ministry of Labor and Employment” specifically for the purpose of looking after the welfare of workers. As the name suggests, this ministry’s primary focus is on the employment and welfare of workers. In India, the vast majority of the people belong to a low-income economic section, and the bulk of them survive off of manual labor, agriculture, and other such activities. An identification card is known as a “Labor Card,” is a card that is issued by the state government and is under the jurisdiction of the central government. This card provides assistance to Laborers and the families that they support.
Anyone who is employed and meets the requirements may submit an application for this card and use the benefits it provides. There are two distinct varieties of Labor cards, and they are as follows: “Building Labor Card” Social Labor Card “Building Labor Card”
Those who carry out their job under the direction of a properly licensed contractor are eligible to apply for a building card. These cardholders are qualified for the vast majority of the advantages offered by the program.
Workers who are engaged in agricultural employment, non-building work, or farming are eligible to get a social card. These beneficiaries are eligible to get benefits from their health insurance.
Labor Card Overview
|Article About||Labor Card|
|Department||The Ministry of Labor and Employment|
|Benefits||Financial aid to beneficiaries and family members|
|Online Portal||Different for the Different States|
Labor Card Objectives
The main objective of the labor card is to provide financial assistance to the labor class and to their families. By giving them a unique number on a card we can be tracked easily and hence can avail of various benefits given by the state or central government.
Labor Card Benefits
- One of the many benefits you can get from the labor card is that one never gets benefits not only to himself but also to his family members.
- Labor card holders can get free health insurance under different Indian schemes.
- They can get free education and also, under some schemes, can get free education in exchange for financial aid for their children.
- Labor card holders are provided with assistance for two women during pregnancy or during childbirth.
- If a Laborer who holds a labor card is injured due to some accident or dyes during work, they are provided with financial aid.
- A number of scholarships are given to the children of labor who hold labor cards.
- Financial help with the cost of buying shoels and other kinds of equipment is being offered.
- It is possible to get a mortgage loan.
- Assistance for skill improvement.
- Help with the costs associated with the cardholder’s daughter’s upcoming wedding.
Labor Card Eligibility Criteria
- Basically, labor is needed to be a permanent resident of the state.
- Labor should be between the ages of 18 and 40 to join this group.
- It is recommended that workers must work in an unorganized capacity.
- Labor needs to prove that you are an Indian citizen.
- Labor must not be working in the organized sector, and you must not be a member of the EPF, NPS, or ESIC.
- Labor remuneration should not be more than 15,000 rupees every month.
- Labor cannot be a taxpayer in the United States.
- Aadhaar card or election card
- Ration card
- Bank account number for transfer of money
- Email ID (Optional0
- Aadhaar card numbers of family members or members
- The mobile number which is in service.
- Passport size photographs (4-6)
Labor Card Apply Online
In order to apply for a labor card, we can show a general process for all the websites available in different states in the country.
- So the first step is to visit the official website of the state Labor Department of your state.
- On the homepage, you have to find the option of “new labor card registration”
- Then a new page will be opened in front of you and you have to fill in the details such as choose the district, then provide the personal details and all the other details such as your Aadhar card number. You also have to enter your mobile number and email address and verify through OTP your mobile number.
- And then click on the submit button which will be the final step.
Labor Card Status Check
In order to check the status of your submitted application, you have to visit the official website of the Labor Department of the state where you are living. For this article, we will choose the website of the Delhi Labor Department.
- Homepage of the official website you have to find the option to track your application under the services section.
- After clicking on that page will open track your application.
- You have to fill in the details shown.
- First, you have to choose the department by choosing from the drop-down menu.
- Then you have to choose from the option of applying.
- Then you have to choose the entered application number. And finally, you have to enter the name of the labor cardholder or the applicant. And then you have to click on the search button.
- A new page will be opened in front of you with the name of the details of the application. Here you can easily check the status as shown in the table format. If the card has been delivered or is under process.