BCCI Central Contracts: BCCI has dropped 7 big players together in its new contract. Not only this, 2 stars have also been demoted.
Ravindra Jadeja has been promoted
Image Credit source: PTI
New Delhi. BCCI has announced the annual contract. There are 26 players in 4 categories under the contract of the board. The contract is for the 2022-2023 season. A+ category players get Rs 7 crore, A category players get Rs 5 crore, B grade players get Rs 3 crore and C grade category players get Rs 1 crore. 5 out of 26 players have been promoted. While 2 got demoted. The BCCI has also included 6 players in this season’s contract, while 7 have been dropped. Know 6 big things about the new contract by BCCI
- For the first time in the A+ category there are 4 players instead of 3. Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah were already included in this category. This time Ravindra Jadeja has also been entered in the biggest grade of the board, who returned from injury only last month.
read this also- Jasprit Bumrah out for 6 months, then why BCCI gave Rs 7 crore?
- The biggest thing about the new BCCI contract is Bumrah’s retention in A+. In fact, due to injury, Bumrah is out of the team since September 2022 and his return is still looking difficult. Despite this, he has been retained in A+ grade.
- In this contract of BCCI, 5 players have been promoted. Apart from Jadeja, along with Prashoman, Hardik Pandya, Akshar Patel have reached Grade A, Suryakumar Yadav and Shubman Gill have reached Grade B. Pandya has reached A directly from C.
- At the same time, KL Rahul and Shardul Thakur have been demoted in this contract. Due to poor form, KL Rahul reached grade A to B. While Thakur has slipped from B to C.
read this also- Justice done to Sanju Samson before IPL 2023, got good news late night
- 6 players have been entered into the contract. Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Kuldeep Yadav, Sanju Samson, Arshdeep Singh and KS Bharat got Grade C contracts.
- Not only this, many big players have dropped out from the new contract. Ajinkya Rahane and Ishant Sharma, who were part of B grade last season, have been dropped from this season’s contract. Apart from them, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha and Deepak Chahar are also out. All of them were included in Grade C last season.