Prince Andrew’s troubles escalated, efforts to get the sexual harassment case dismissed failed, the judge rejected the arguments

Lawyers for Prince Andrew, who is facing sexual assault charges, said in a petition filed in December last year that the case of the woman who accused Prince of sexual abuse could be dismissed because she no longer lives in the US.

Duke of York Prince Andrew’s troubles escalate

The troubles do not seem to be over for Prince Andrew, a member of the British royal family and the Duke of York. During the hearing of the case against Prince Andrew, accused of sexual abuse, the judge rejected most of the arguments of Andrew’s lawyer. A woman has filed a lawsuit alleging that Prince Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17.

US District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan did not immediately give a ruling on the end of Tuesday’s video conference hearing, but the manner in which he dismissed most of the arguments from Prince’s lawyer, Andrew Brettler, made it clear that he was on Andrew’s side. Not satisfied with the arguments given in.

Judge Kaplan rejects many arguments of Prince’s lawyer

Brettler argued that the case was “dismissable”. But Judge Kaplan repeatedly rejected Brettler’s arguments. The judge directed that the possible evidence in the case should be exchanged as per the stipulated time.

Victim Virginia Giuffre sued Prince Andrew in August, alleging that Prince sexually abused her in 2001 with the help of Epstein and Gillan Maxwell. Attorney David Bois, appearing for Giuffre, argued against the dismissal of the lawsuit.

Epstein, 66, accused of trafficking women for sexual exploitation, committed suicide in a Manhattan prison in 2019, while Maxwell, 60, was convicted last week of trafficking women and conspiracy to commit sexual assault in federal court in New York.

Prince Andrew’s lawyers filed a petition

Lawyers for Prince Andrew, who is facing sexual assault charges, said in a petition filed in December last year that the case of the woman who accused Prince of sexual abuse could be dismissed because she no longer lives in the US.

Attorneys Andrew Brettler and Melissa Lerner wrote that they recently learned that Virginia Giuffre had been living in Australia for the past 17 years, so she could not claim to be a Colorado resident. In a lawsuit in August, Virginia Giuffre claimed that Prince sexually abused her on multiple occasions in 2001, when she was 17.

read this also

The controversy over the controversial statement of Congress MLA Ramesh Kumar did not stop, the Women’s Commission accused of promoting rape