Image Credit source: Representative Image
Railway Promotion Guideline in Hindi: Another way has been opened to get promotion in Railways. Seniority will not come in the way of this. Employees can get promotion on the basis of their performance. The application process has started.
Job Promotion in Indian Railway: There is good news for the people working in Indian Railways. Now the way for your promotion has been cleared. Promotion in Railway (Railway Job PromotionThe issue which has been going on for many years is now over. Now officers will be able to reach the top post on the basis of better performance during their service. For this, the Railways has made arrangements under the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS). For this, the Railways has issued a circular two days ago. Now the officials can fill the form according to their service.
Promotion in Railway: What will be the benefit
On the basis of their performance during their service, there will be an opportunity for the juniors to potentially surpass their seniors to reach the top positions in the Railways. For this, the National Transporter has said that all cadre officers of 1983 and 1984 batch can apply for Level 16 posts. Under the Indian Railway Management Service, now juniors can also become officers in the railways.
According to departmental information, the posts of Secretary level, Chairman Railway Board, four Board Members and two Director Generals will now be called Indian Railway Management Service Level 17 posts.
Similarly 29 General Manager posts of Zonal Railways, Production Units and other allied organizations as well as the posts of Additional Member (Planning) and Secretary, Railway Board will be called IRMS (Level 16) posts.
All officers belonging to eight organized Group A services (Traffic, Mechanical, Electrical, Accounts etc.) of Railways who are in Level 15 (Higher Administrative Grade) or above will be eligible to apply for these posts.
Railway me Promotion: What is the decision
Recently, the Railways clarified the selection criteria and said that the ministry will prepare a panel of eligible railway officers for appointment to the level 16 IRMS posts. It said that a batch-wise panel will be prepared from among the eligible candidates, which will select the best suitable officers through a comprehensive evaluation.
Who can apply for promotion in railway
Officers who are serving in Level 15, or officers of 1983 and 1984 batches who will be in service as on 1st September 2022 and belonging to 8 organized services (IRSE, IRSME, IRSEE, IRSSE, IRSS, IRTS, IRPS and IRAS) They will be eligible to submit the application form for Level 16 posts. Railways said in a circular on Tuesday. For this, the decision will be taken only through the ministry and the SCC.
How to apply for promotion in railway
According to the Railways, the eligible officers have to apply for the panel indicating the top three posts to be considered for the panel. For which the officer will be considered.
- The details of the top five contributions to the organization in life have to be given. The details of the top five contributions, which the officers will make in the top three posts, should also be told.
- The latest copy of the annual property return filed by the applicant will also have to be attached with the application. in which the date is clearly mentioned.
- The last date for receipt of applications will be 21 days i.e. 7 July 2022 from the date of issue of this letter.
- This will be the first such panel in the history of Indian Railways based on performance which does not always depend on ‘seniority’ for top posts.
- Officials said that with this arrangement, many problems going on in the department will end. It also did away with the need to merge all officers of different services into a common seniority list, which was proving to be a matter of contention.