Republic Day 2023: Republic Day is being celebrated in different parts of the country today. Let us know some facts related to this festival on this occasion.
Today, Republic Day is being celebrated with great pomp across the country. republic day Various programs are being organized in different parts of the country on the occasion. Our constitution came into force on January 26, 1950. India became a republic on this day itself. In such a situation, to remember this day, Republic Day is celebrated every year on 26 January in the country. People across the country celebrate Republic Day on this day with full enthusiasm. A parade is organized on this day in the country’s capital Delhi. The parade starts from the duty path, which runs till India Gate.
The pride one gets after watching the Republic Day Parade cannot be expressed in words. Tableaux of different states enhance the beauty of this occasion. Apart from this, many people are honored with prizes and awards. On the occasion of Republic Day, the President hoists the tricolor flag on the duty path.
today’s big news
However, the Constitution of India was adopted on 26 November 1949 and this day is celebrated every year as ‘Constitution Day’. But the constitution came into force on 26 January 1950. Because of this, Republic Day is celebrated in the country on 26 January. On the occasion of Republic Day, let us know some such facts related to which common people are unaware.
- Every military personnel participating in the Republic Day parade has to go through a four-level security check. Also it is ensured that their weapons are not loaded.
- A special camp is organized near the campus of India Gate, for all the armored vehicles, tanks and modern equipment showcasing India’s military might. The testing process and whitewashing of each cannon is mostly done in 10 stages.
- Even though the Republic Day parade is organized on the duty path today. But at one time the parade was organized at Irwin Stadium, Kingsway, Red Fort and Ramlila Maidan. The parade was organized here from 1950 to 1954. However, after this the venue of the parade changed.
- The firing of the gun salute is accompanied by the playing of the national anthem. The first shot is fired during the beginning of the national anthem and the last shot after 52 seconds.
- Do you know at what speed the tableau moves on Republic Day? Actually, the tableau on Republic Day moves at a speed of about 5 km/h so that every person can see it.
- Participants participating in the Republic Day parade have to be ready by 2 am. After this, they reach the venue by 3 in the morning.
- The participants in the parade prepare for several months. Usually the participants prepare for the parade at their regimental centres. Then by December they come to Delhi and start preparations.