Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 46 runs in just 20 balls in the Nagpur T20 match against Australia and gave Team India a 6-wicket win.
Image Credit source: BCCI
when team india What was needed the most to get back on the road to victory, Captain Rohit Sharma took the responsibility on his own shoulders. After a poor start to the T20 series against Australia, the Indian team won the second match and leveled the series 1-1. In the match that started late due to wet ground in Nagpur, captain Rohit Sharma smashed 46 runs to give India a 6-wicket win in this 8-over overs match.
Apart from Rohit Sharma, left-arm spinner Axar Patel also played a special role in this match from Team India and took 2 big wickets giving just 13 runs. At the same time, Jasprit Bumrah also returned from this match and he bowled Australian captain Aaron Finch on a tremendous yorker.
Big things of Rohit’s innings
- Rohit Sharma scored 46 runs in 20 balls, in which he hit 4 sixes. With this, he became the batsman to hit the most number of sixes in T20 Internationals. Rohit left New Zealand’s Martin Guptill (172) behind.
- Apart from these 4 sixes, Rohit also scored 4 fours. That is, a total of 8 boundaries. In this way, Rohit has become the first batsman to score more than 500 boundaries in T20 International. He has 504 boundaries, while Martin Guptill has 478 at number two.
- Rohit Sharma received the Player of the Match award for his brilliant innings. This was the fifth such time as captain. Apart from him, all other Indian captains were adjudged the best player only 4 times (Kohli 3, Raina 1).
- Apart from this, this is the 12th Player of the Match award of Rohit Sharma’s T20 International career and in this case he is behind only Virat Kohli and Mohammad Nabi (both 13 times).
- Rohit Sharma has 1351 runs as captain, in which his strike rate is 154.93. Among the captains who have scored more than a thousand runs in T20 Internationals, only Rohit has a strike rate of more than 150.
- If we talk about Team India, then with the victory in this match, India has won 20 T20 matches this year. This is the first time that Team India has achieved this success. Apart from India, only Pakistan (in 2021) has done this feat.
- Virat Kohli Another match did not go well for him and he could only score 11 runs. He was bowled by Australian leg-spinner Adam Zampa. This is the 8th time in ODIs and T20s that Kohli became a victim of Zampa.