Check Out UDAN Scheme 2022 All Benefits, Features, Objectives & Implementation Process also Get information regarding UDAN Scheme Launch Dates
In order to make air travel affordable and widespread, the Government of India has launched the Ude Desh ka Aam nagrik scheme which is also known as UDAN Scheme. Through this scheme, various kinds of measures are taken in order to boost air travel. This article will cover all the important information regarding the UDAN Scheme, You will get to know how you can take advantage of the Yojana, Other than that you will also get details regarding its implementation procedure. So in order to grab each and every detail regarding the scheme you have to go through this article.
About UDAN Scheme 2022
UDAN Scheme is basically a regional airport development program which is launched by the government of India. It is basically a part of a regional connectivity scheme for upgrading the under-serviced air routes. Through this scheme, air travel will be made affordable and widespread. Air travel will be made cheaper and affordable and small towns will be connected with the big cities through this scheme. The first flight under the scheme took off in 2017. Around 60 lakh people have traveled by air for Rs 2500 only. Through this scheme, 1000 routes by air services will be connected. With the implementation of the scheme 1 crore persons will fly every year.
Objective Of the UDAN Scheme
The main objective of the UDAN Scheme is to connect small and medium cities with big cities through air service. Under this scheme, cheap and affordable air travel facilities will be made available for the citizens of the country. A lot of citizens will be able to travel through air transport at cheaper fares. The government is going to provide subsidies in order to implement this scheme. This scheme will improve the standard of living in the country. Other than that time and efforts will also be saved. Citizens can travel throughout the country in less time. This scheme will enable all the common citizens of the country to travel by plane. This scheme will also improve employment opportunities throughout the country.
Key Highlights Of UDAN Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Udan Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Affordable Air Travel Facility|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Implementation Of Udan Scheme
- Under this scheme, the aviation company bid for the air route
- The company which ask for the lowest subsidy is awarded the contract
- Under this scheme the fare for each flight, the airline has to book half or a minimum of 9 or a maximum of 40 seats
- Through this scheme, small cities of the country will be connected with the country
- Presently the fare for traveling by taxi is Rs 10 per kilometer but under this scheme, the fare for 500 km air travel has been fixed at Rs 2500 only
- That means Rs 5 per kilometer which is less than the taxi travel cost
- With the implementation of this scheme, the time and money of the citizens of the country will be saved
- With the implementation of this scheme, employment is created in sectors like airport operation, aircraft maintenance, air traffic control and technical staff
- Tourism will also be promoted through this scheme
- 46 important tourist spots have been selected under the scheme
Launch Of Udan Scheme
- In the year 2016, the union government has announced a National civil aviation policy
- Udan scheme was a component of national civil aviation policy
- This scheme is also known as Ude Desh ka Aam nagrik
- The government has started this scheme in October 2016
- In the year April 2017, the first flight from Shimla to Delhi under the scheme was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself
- Under the scheme, the Government of India compensates in the form of viability gap funding to airlines for losses due to low fares
- The airport authority of India has also waived off the airport fees
- State governments are also providing security, electricity and fire fighting facilities free of cost
Progress Of Udan Scheme
- Under this scheme, approval has been given in four phases which are Udan 1, Udan 2, Udan 3 and Udan 4
- 98 airports, 33 heliports and 12 aerodromes have been selected under the scheme
- Now air services are being provided on more than 350 routes in 59 airports with 5 helicopters and 2 aerodromes
- The government have included a helicopter and seaplane service under the scheme
- 11 operators are providing cheap tickets to the passengers under the scheme
- 132800 flights have flown till 28 June 2021 under the scheme
- The government has given a subsidy of Rs 1228 crore so that passengers can get tickets at a cheap rate
- Around 60 lakh people have traveled at affordable rates under this scheme
- The share of small and medium city airports in the country has increased by 5%
- The government will include 1000 new routes along with additional 100 airports
- 10 water aerodromes will be introduced for 28 heliports and seaplanes
- Under the scheme, 10 airports have been proposed in the Northeastern states
- The government have set up a target to provide 1 crore tickets to the people annually under this scheme at affordable rates
- Around 300 cities of the country will get connected to each other under the scheme. Out of these 300 cities 150 cities have already been connected so far
Inauguration Of Flights In Jabalpur
On 31st May 2022, the civil aviation minister Jyotiraditya sindhiya inaugurated two flights from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh. Under this scheme, 1.94 lakh flights have been operated in the last 6 years. Through these flights, more than 1 crore passengers have traveled. The flight movement in Madhya Pradesh has also increased by 70% in the last 10 months. This information has been given by the civil aviation minister.
The newly inaugurated flights include Delhi-Jabalpur -Bhopal-Gwalior 3 days a week and Delhi-Jabalpur-Bilaspur-Bhopal four days in a week. Due to these two new flights, Jabalpur is now connected to 8 cities and there are 160 flight movements per week against 94 earlier. From Indore, there are 468 flight movements and connectivity to 20 cities. In Bhopal also 200 flight moments and connectivity to 12 cities have been made. In Gwalior 94 flight movement connecting to 8 cities has been made possible due to this scheme
Benefits And Features Of UDAN Scheme
- UDAN Scheme is basically a regional airport development program which is launched by the government of India.
- It is basically a part of a regional connectivity scheme for upgrading the under-serviced air routes.
- Through this scheme, air travel will be made affordable and widespread.
- Air travel will be made cheaper and affordable and small towns will be connected with the big cities through this scheme.
- The first flight under the scheme took off in 2017.
- Around 60 lakh people have traveled by air for Rs 2500 only.
- Through this scheme, 1000 routes by air services will be connected.
- With the implementation of the scheme 1 crore persons will fly every year