New rules have been prepared by the UGC for higher educational institutions. In this, students with disabilities will be allowed to use one or more elective courses at a time.
Image Credit source: UGC Website
Guidelines have been issued by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the differently abled students. According to the issued notice, students have been given relief on the dimensions of reading. In the guidelines issued, it has been proposed to allow differently abled students to avail credit by using one or more optional courses at a time. The commission has asked all the parties on the guidelines UGC Suggestions have been sought on the monitoring portal by October 25.
It has been said in the notice that with the Choice Based Credit System ie CBCS, students can do more than one course of their choice. CBCS is an educational model that offers students to choose courses and subjects of their choice. Core, elective courses, open or global electives and skill-based courses. It was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Decision taken under NEP 2020
Academic Credit Bank has been conceptualized in the National Education Policy 2020. According to this, students can easily move from one institute to another and study. Also, it can be done from one program to another through a suitable credit transfer system.
According to the new guidelines, higher educational institutions can take several steps to provide academic credit to differently-abled students to bank facilities. In this, students with disabilities may be allowed to gain credit by using one or more elective courses at a time.
New rules for HEI
New rules have been prepared by the UGC for higher educational institutions i.e. HEI. in this-
- In the campuses of higher educational institutions, infrastructure facilities have been asked to be created.
- For two-way movement in the campus, a pedestrian path has been asked to have a solid and slippery surface.
- The campus should have arrangement for seating around the road, level crossing and adequate lighting.
- The campus should have proper seating arrangement along the roads at 30 meters and so that the movement of pedestrians should not be obstructed.
- GPS mapping and Bluetooth technology can be made available for navigational convenience in the premises.
- It states that electronic and digital indicator systems can be installed in the premises.
- UGC Guidelines It has been said that all the students should be made available related to the course through electronic medium.