Dr M Srinivas has been made the new director of AIIMS Delhi. Prior to this he was the Dean of ESIC Medical College Hospital Hyderabad.
Image Credit source: Social
Dr M Srinivas has become the new director of AIIMS New Delhi. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Dr. Srinivas as the new Director of AIIMS Delhi. Earlier Dr. Randeep Guleria was the Director of AIIMS Delhi. Dr Guleria’s term has ended today on 23 September 2022. Now the country’s largest and prestigious medical college and hospital will be in charge of Dr M Srinivas.
Two doctors were named in the race for AIIMS Delhi Direct – Dr. M. Srinivaras and Dr. Sanjay Bihari. The names of these two were sent to the ACC. Who is the new director of AIIMS Delhi? Know Dr. M. Srinivas, the new personality who sits at the top of the medical profession.
Who is Dr M Srinivas?
Dr. M. Srinivas, the new director of Delhi AIIMS, was earlier working as Dean in the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation ie ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad. Although Dr. Srinivas was earlier in the Department of Pediatric Surgery in Delhi AIIMS itself. Was working on deputation in ESIC Hospital Hyderabad. His name is one of the well-known and specialist doctors of the country.
The committee which has selected Dr. M. Srinivas for the post of AIIMS Delhi Director has four members-
1. Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan
2. K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India
3. Rajesh S. Gokhale, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology
4. Delhi University VC Yogesh Singh
Appointment started a year ago, 3 special things
- The process of new appointment for the post of AIIMS Delhi Director started about a year ago. On 29 November 2021, the Faculty Cell of AIIMS had released the advertisement of Director Recruitment. The opportunity to apply for this was given till 29 December 2021.
- According to the report, a total of 32 doctors from across the country had applied for the post of AIIMS Delhi Director. One of these names was also of the Director General of the Indian Medical Research Council, Balram Bhargava.
- Some of these names were shortlisted and sent to the ACC, which was headed by PM Narendra Modi.